hitboxes could be better 😥
LD44 - Knock Knock Traveling soulsman
Try to keep your job as a door to door soulsman.
Talk to people in order to get them to confess you their deepest wishes. 👿
- ✊ *Knock knock*
- Who’s there ?
- Dave Hill
- Dave Hill who ?
- Dave Hill the Traveling Soulsman
In "Knock Knock", you play Dave Hill, a little silly Travelling Sellsman in souls stuff at the service of the devil and your goal is to keep your job by succeeding the ultimatum that Satan has given you.
You will have to collect more souls than Rodrique the stone by going to propose the best wishes to the humans against a super mega pact ultra cool.
- The mouse (it's your hand), that’s all
- You can interact with everything beyond your imagination, and by everything i mean some things, like the doorbell and a few elements of the background, but that’s pretty much it.
The team :
- Regional Designer : Bolä
- Assistant TO the regional Designer : Sentsu
- Art Hokage : Elod
- Fairy Fart sounds and storyboarding : Esquimaupeche
- Beautiful sounds and music : Illustrason
- The lonely dev : Tomobodo
- The part-time characterdesigner / and the rest of the time doing his normal job : Turbogros
- Ghost writer but also the actual writer : Thom Pico
Dedicated to the memory of our missing friends : hibouch and yanka (they were in holidays)
Thanks to Karensac for yelling at Thom Pico.
If you liked the game, please consider following us on twitter and itch.io:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Takes too long to get back to the gameplay after a failure.
thanks for your feedback, this will be fixed in the upcomming update along with other bugfixes.
With all these delightful characters, writing, and art assets you were so close to making the perfect game jam game that it's a shame! But until I'm able to give the the girl in the naruto tank top the contract for being hokage what's the point!!!! :P
Thank you for your feedback :)
We're working on a post jam update and this wish won't be useless anymore :)
Thanks for making this! It's very cute
Love the concept, its a really funny little quirky style.
Theres just few things that need a little polish,
Restarting the game and getting to where you start the gameplay results in a blue screen with the cursor.
The hit boxes need a little work, they seem to be just slightly off. Im talking like maybe a few inches or so off. Especially in the briefcase area, it can make it really challenging to select the right contract.
Other then that it was a funny experience, I wish there was a little more in terms of gameplay simply because I love the interactions with each character. Keep up the great work!
Thank you for your nice feedback !
We're planning an update soon with everything you mentionned :)
And some character we hadn't time to finish during the jam.
We will release this update once the jam we submitted this game to is over.
Whenever i try to restart the game my cursor disappears when i go on the game, why?
Hey guys is there a offline version of this game. I saw the gameplay in youtube I sm Quite excited about this game.
Hello, thank you very much !
We're planning an update soon and will realease it as a windows standalone
Quite a good game! I love the premise and I think the main character is quite cute. There are some small issues with it, though.
- Sometimes you can't select things on the paper.
- Selecting something on the paper can interact with the backround still.
- The grammar/spelling is a bit incorrect in some places. (It's quite minor though, nothing that makes the game impossible or anything.)
- When talking to the frog kid I selected something like "do you have any hobbies?" and the frog thought I asked about money - hit detection may be a little off.
Other than that, quite good! I'd love to see this become a full game if that's something you're pursuing! Though if I may suggest this - perhaps a way to skip the cutscenes? And if you uploaded a download for it, I'd download it in a hot second!
Hello, thank you very much for your feedback !
We're planning a little bugfixing and comfort (skipable cutscene) update soon !
Same with the frog
Sometimes the hand gets focused on the background and it's impossible to click on the paper with the answers, besides this the game is perfect and I really enjoyed it! ^^
I absolutely loved this game! The designs were great and it was an interesting story, and the music was fantastic! I know it was for the Ludum Dare 44 but I hope this see's a full production because it's pretty solid. Here is gameplay footage of the game from my Indie Game Showcase.
Keep up the good work
Hello, thank you for your nice review, we're glad you liked it !
We're still looking for our next project, so maybe we'll continue it.
Your game is so funny ! Amazing work !
I really want to listen to the theme song in the game on replay. It's just too dang amazing